Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Found hard lump on chest. Could it be a cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi my husband just found a hard lump in the middle area of his chest off the right alittle towards the ribs. Do you think this is something serious and are all hard lumps cancer??

Thank you so much!

Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later
All hard lumps are not always cancer. Having said that,let me also state that cancerous lumps have certain physical characteristics that need to be identified by a local examination. A simple examination can tell much more about the lump.
Its difficult to say what kind of lump your husband has at present,without examining it. Most important thing now it to determine whether it arises from the skin or beneath.Chest xray/ct scan needs to be done after a examination.It could be anything from a cyst to a lipoma etc apart from malignancy,which cannot be ruled out yet.I strongly suggest that he seek medical attention first and get the tests done as soon as possible.A FNAC/biopsy may be needed.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor