Found blood trace in urine. What to do?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Question: Some blood trace in urine detected. What to do?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 50 minutes later
i
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Urine analysis may be either dipstix or microscopy.
Trace blood usually detected by dipstix is usually quantified by doing a microscopy to look for RBC in urine.
If the RBC in urine is less than 3 in number, there is no need to worry, unless you are symptomatic.
If microscopy is not done, it is wise to do and decide further the further course of action.
If you are getting back to me, please let me know the other results as well.
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 days later
My blood & urine test report is attached for your perusal. Although RBC is less than 3 in number and in Dipstix test. What do you been by Symptomatic?

Do i need to do microscopy urine test?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi
Welcome back.
Dipstix showing tract blood is possibly false positive. It is used for quick screening.
Urine microscopy is more specific and showed RBC 0-1. So there is nothing to worry.
Symptoms mean the reason for going to a doctor. Do you have any?

DR GS