Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin of penis attached to the glans on one side, on the underside of penis. Surgical removal required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi, I am 31. The foreskin on my penis is still attached to the gland on one side.. the downside of the penis...Whats should I do? Do I need to detach it surgically.. Any other way? Thankyou...
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Foreskin attached to one side of the glans can sometimes cause difficulty while retracting it. This can cause discomfort / pain during sexual condition. The attached skin (skin bridge) is called frenulum. If you have difficult to retract the foreskin, the condition is referred to as 'phimosis'.

So, depending upon whether it is tight frenulum or phimosis you may need frenuloplasty or circumcision.

Most often the condition is present since birth. It can develop later due to infection; as infection can result in adhesion. A clinical examination would help in giving a precise diagnosis.

For any of the condition medications usually do not help and surgery is usually recommended.

Kindly visit a surgeon for physical examination and further guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor