question-icon

Foreskin left rolled back after frenuloplasty. Should be trying to bring foreskin forward?

Posted on Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Question: I had a frenuloplasty 72hrs ago and the foreskin was left rolled back with a dressing applied. As instructed, the dressing came off after about 36hrs. The foreskin has remained rolled back and there is a little puffiness around the area but i expect that is normal. My question is whether i should be trying to bring the foreskin forwards (and risk stretching the stitches) or just let things take their course.
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar (20 hours later)
Hi ,

It has been 72 hrs since you last had a surgery, so the puffiness and similar changes like redness, minimal discharge, bleeding are expected to be present.

It is not a good thing to bring the foreskin forwards or do anything with the stitches, the stitches are meant to fall off in a week or so by themselves. I would suggest you to wait for a few more days for the stitches to fall and then go about with bringing the skin forwards

I would be available to answer your follow up queries as well.

Wish you good health.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar