Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Foreskin is tight and vein on tip is sore and red. What medicine to use for get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Hello Doctor, Since the past 1 week the foreskin of penis has become tighter as well the veins thicker & red. I am unable to pull the skin backwards & I feel my skin has shrunk, thereby making it painful to pull the skin backwards. Also the vein joining the foreskin to the tip of the penis has become sore & red causing pain. Also I feel itching under the foreskin, on the erogenous tip of the penis. The erogenous part has become red & I can also see a couple of red spots, boil sort of under the skin. Please suggest medication to get rid of this phenomenon. Regards
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 20 hours later
Brief Answer: balanitis Detailed Answer: Dear sir, You are suffering from balanitis. I shall like you to get your blood sugar levels checked because poorly controlled diabetes is the most common cause of this condition. You need to start yourself on T. Forcan 200 mg once daily x 5 days and local application of Canesten cream twice daily X 7 days under the care of your doctor. Kindly get back to me after 1 week. Sincerely Rajiv goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Foreskin is tight and vein on tip is sore and red. What medicine to use for get relief? 9 hours later
Hello Doctor, I do not have diabetes. My Blood Sugar Levels are as under : FASTING & POST PRANDIAL BLOOD SUGAR Test Done Observed Value Fasting Blood Sugar 105 Urine Sugar Nil Ketone Bodies Nil Post Prandial (2 hrs) 108 Urine Sugar Nil Ketone Bodies Nil Do you have any alternative to T. Forcan 200 mg from manufacturers other than Cipla, as this seems to expensive. Perhaps not big brand names like Cipla ? Further just to confirm, these tablets are to be taken orally & the Cream Canestan to be applied externally on the entire genitals ? Could you please confirm understanding ? Regards
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Medications Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, It is good to hear that you don't have diabetes. You need to take the medications orally and cream has to be applied locally. Instead of Forcan you can take AF- 150 mg once daily for 5 days. Sincerely Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor