Foreskin goes back and folds behind penis tip during intercourse. What's wrong?

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: sir,
I m married man and during the sex my foreskin goes back and folds behind the tip of penis. which gives the pain and its very discomfortable. kindly advise me what to do.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 17 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Your foreskin is tight due to that it fold behind glans. Condition of having tight foreskin of penis called as phimosis. Tight foreskin lead to sexual dysfunction in form of erectile dysfunction or pain during erection. Although most of the person able to perform masturbation comfortably even with this problem. In most of the cases circumcision is required.

In conservative approach stretching exercise is helpful in mild cases:
-Stretching exercise: In this foreskin is manually stretched 2-3 times per day with mild force to widen its opening, so that it can slide freely over penis during erection. It is used only for mild phimosis and take several months to show improvement.

But Circumcision is best treatment option. Circumcision can be done at any age, even at your age too. It is very safe and easy procedure (take less then 5 Minute). You will have to wait only 1-2 week for sex after circumcision.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 33 minutes later
Sir,

You told me about stretching exercise. There is any standard ways to do stretching exercise so I can get improvement as early as possible. You can also advise me any lubricant that help me to exercise.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Stretching method: You can either grab each side of the foreskin opening (with the foreskin forward) and gently pull on each side of the opening or, even better, insert the ends of two fingers, even the little fingers and pull them gently apart. Stretch the opening in this way until it feels uncomfortably stretched but not actually painful. Once again this is best done after soaking in a warm bath.

You can use Vaseline for lubrication.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Sir,

Surely, I will try stretching technique. As you told me circumcision is the only way to get rid of this problem. So I want to know suitable doctor/hospital and total expenditure for circumcision. Is it totally safe and can I have normal sex life after circumcision ?

Kindly provide me suggestion, I am totally disappointed with my foreskin problem.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 hours later
Hello again,

Circumcision is best treatment option. Circumcision can be done at any age. It is very safe and easy procedure (take less than 5 Minute) done in local anesthesia. You will have to wait only 1-2 week for sex after circumcision.

Cost is vary from 2-6 thousand. You can get it done from any general or plastic surgeon. So, do not get frustrated and get it done.

Wish you good health.
Regards.