Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin attached with penis head and getting pain while pulling back. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3618 Questions
m XXXXXX and i am 27 years old. my foreskin is still attached with my penis head and my penis head oe not come out. it pains a lot when i pull my foreski back. suggest me what should i do?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 33 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Based on the description provided about the problem you have, I suspect you to have Phimosis. It is a condition where in the foreskin is found attached to the glans rendering it unretractable. This can cause pain or bleeding on attempting intercourse.

If you are sexually active , use a lubricant gel like KY jelly which will reduce the friction and pain. Application of Diprolene ointment (betamethasone dipropionate (0.05%)over the foreskin attached sites may release the attachment over a period of a month. However the definitive treatment for such an anomaly is by Circumcision, a minor surgical procedure.

Consult a Urologist who can examine you, grade the condition and plan one of the suggested management suitable to you.

Hope I answered your query.Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor