Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Forehead bulge, growth hormone problem

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
i am 21 yrs old
i have a bulging on left and right part of my forehead from past may yrs(around 7-8 yrs). i consulted an orthopaedic surgeon. he told that it may be due to growth hormone problems.

please tell me the tests to check the growth hormone levels.
i am 5'7" tall with 73 kgs weight.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

An irregular fusion of the skull sutures may cause bulges in the forehead and is something that has happened some years ago. Right now your growth hormone levels might come out normal.

Such an irregularity in the bony fusion needs a thorough evaluation including serum GH levels, Testosterone levels, X-ray of skull, CT scan, etc., to know the exact cause of your problem.

Any abnormality in the growth hormone levels is also associated with height discrepancy, enlarged palms and feet, etc.

Please visit your physician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor