Forearm pain. Bayer aspirin
Thanks for posting your query. There are a few possibilities which I can think of for such kind of forearm pain.
1) The first possibility is of forearm tendonitis which can be caused by overuse from repetition or strain (lifting too heavy weights), overusing the muscles in gym or injury or strain. People above the age of 40 are at risk of forearm tendonitis. This causes pain in the forearm and stiffness and inability to move the forearm.
2) Second possibility is of tennis elbow which causes pain in elbow and upper forearm.
3) Third possibility is of due to compression of nerves) although this possibility is less likely because it is usually associated with pain and numbness in the area.
Investigations like MRI and medical ultrasonography can help in confirming the diagnosis. Please get it done from an orthopedician. I suggest you to apply cold compresses on the forearm and take some prescription from your doctor. You can also follow certain lifestyle measures which can help you with this pain. Give complete rest to the part and avoid doing any activity like lifting heavy weights or stretching the arms which causes any further damage. Also avoid sleeping with the arm extended up behind the head and the head resting on the forearm.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is bayer aspirin used in the treatment of antiphospholipid syndrome?
- Will bayer aspirin treat lupus ?
- It it harmful for a 2 year old to swallow a bayer aspirin
- Can i take bayer aspirin for progressive angina ?
- Will bayer aspirin treat myocardial infarction, prophylaxis?
- Lisinopril and bayer aspirin
- Is bayer aspirin used in the treatment of heart pains ?
- Will bayer aspirin treat avn ?
- Constipation and bayer aspirin
- Bayer aspirin cardiatic
- How are high levels of homocystiene treated ?
- WBC in urine, pain, pressure in vagina, stinging, burning sensation...
- Do antidepressants cause weight loss ?
- Celexa a clamipromine, anti-depressant, anti anxiety, safe to take fun...
- What causes pain in the knees and feet ?
- MSRA infection, bactrim, flagyl, spot on labia, drained, new one formed....
- I have fever, fatigue and daily headache. What do these symptoms suggest?
- My coccyx was injured previously and I have severe pain in the area. How...
- I have cramps in my calves and feet, sweating at night and am not able...
- Dark bruise on spine, trauma, blood capillaries ruptured, post...