Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Forceful urination, done prostate enlargement test, mild prostatomegaly, had ischemia, prediabetes. Medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
Age 68 . 5ft 8 in. weight 65.5 kgs. Had prediabetes since one year. had mild sub clinical hypo thyroidsm since 3 months. I had Ischemia 37 years back .doing well since then. I have undergone check up for protsate enlargement as i hada feeling that my urine flow is not normal since a couple of years. I mean i am not urinating with force that is as it should be. the first urination is will be slow in the morning, but later it will be almost normal ,though not with force. The test shows i had mild prostatomegaly. do i have to take medicine or can i post pone for some more time? Kindly advise Sir.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

If your ultrasound scan suggests that there is mild prostatomegaly and you can see a noticeable change in your urine flow, then i will advise you to start taking a regular medicine to further decrease the rate of progression of the prostate gland.

The prostate gland starts enlarging with increasing age and gradually causes complete obstruction of urine in which case it needs to be operated. Earlier you start the treatment, lesser will be its progression.

You can consult your urologist and get the necessary treatment prescribed.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Forceful urination, done prostate enlargement test, mild prostatomegaly, had ischemia, prediabetes. Medication? 2 hours later
Well doctorr.thank you for your advice. Regarding the treatment, do you suggest me also to see the homoepathist for prescribing the homoepathy drug for this mild prostatomegaly, or do you suggest me to go for allopathy medicine?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

Homeopathy has described a treatment for prostatomegaly.

You can consult a qualified homeopath doctor for treatment.

Do not forget to monitor the progress on repeat ultrasound.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor