For what is capsule Renerve used for?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Fri, 16 May 2014 in Veins and Arteries
Question: Dr, Why is capsule 'Renerve; used for . How long should that be aken . I have claudication of the both the lowerlimbs of my leg. Will this be usefull
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Capsule Renerve contains a drug called mecobalamin

Detailed Answer:

Capsule Renerve contains a drug called mecobalamin: an active form of vitamin B12.

This drugs is mainly used for:

Deficiency of vitamin B12
Neuropathies: irritation of nerves due to some disease

This is normally given up to 2-3 months as per the judgement by treating doctor.

This will help you in case of deficiency of this vitamin and associated nerve irritation.

If you have vascular problem: means blockage of blood vessels this is not going to help much.

Stenting helps in case when the vessels are in good condition and block in only at a single level.

The results are not good when there are multiple blocks.

Please do regular follow up with your doctor and take medicines as advised.

Dr.Pragnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E