Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

For what disease medicine like Ecoflora, Metrogyl, Zentel and Vwash taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
Hello Doctor, I would like to know for what disease the following prescriptions are made Ecoflora Metrogyl Primrose Capsules 1000 mg Rantac Zentel Vwash liquid Actually my wife want divorce complaining me of impotency. I found these tablets are taken by her. only 2 month of marriage. pls tell me
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Given below Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome to Healthcare Magic, Ecoflora - Used to restore the bacterial flora in guts. Mainly used in diarrhea Metrogyl - used to treat amebiasis also known as amebic dysentary Primrose Capsules 1000 mg - used to treat breast pain during menstrual cycles Rantac - to treat acidity and peptic ulcer Zentel - to treat worm infestations in the gut like hook worms,pin worms Vwash liquid - A liquid soap for intimate washing (private parts)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: For what disease medicine like Ecoflora, Metrogyl, Zentel and Vwash taken? 11 hours later
Hello Doctor, But on checking about the medicines in various sites i found that it has been used for vaginal infections in common. Please tell me.
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Each drug has many uses.. Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome back. Each medication has many uses and used in different conditions. So In the above mentioned list metrogyl and Ecoflora can be used for vaginal infections apart from diarrhea or dysetery. But for vaginal infection there are other drugs that must be co-prescribed . Like Doxycycline or Azithromycin and Fluconazole. So the prescription of the drugs is purely depending upon the patient clinical symptoms and single drug has many uses. Better you ask her about her symptoms like any vaginal discharge ,lower abdominal pain. regards, Dr.VENKAT
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor