For the past week I have been having terrible sweating

Endocrinologist
Question
For the past week I have been having terrible sweating attacks (like I just got out of the shower). My hands shake uncontrollably and I feel like I am going to pass out. I am not diabetic but I do take my blood sugar every morning before I eat breakfast. My counts have been running around 95 every day. I am overweight and out of shape. I have been trying to eat balanced meals since the first of the year. These attacks happen all day long. This morning my sugar was 96. I had two pieces of toast, 2 cheese slices, and yogurt. About an hour later the water started pouring off of me, I was shaking, I couldn’t focus and so on. I took my sugar and count was 119. I hurried up and shoved cheese and crackers, some small chocolate pieces down. Gradually spell went away and then reoccurred about an hour after lunch. I just feel wiped out afterwards. Help

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About your concern;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone through your concern carefully.

First, let me suggest you not to check the blood sugar so often! The symptoms you described are verified that is not caused by blood sugar alterations.

I think there is a neurological pathology causing them and a detailed clinical examination together with radiological exams are needed to make a correct diagnosis.

If these episodes happen again, I would suggest not to wait for the appointment but go to ER for a prompt diagnosis.

Hope the information will help. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta