For the past two months I have had joint pain,

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
For the past two months I have had joint pain, muscle aches, dizziness, fatigue and some numbness. I am a 58 year old female that was very very active until symptoms started. Hiked the Grand Canyon in April. The thought of doing that now seems impossible. Any clue what may be going on? I DO NOT want to sound like a hypochondriac.
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
Repeated joint pains and other symptoms can be due to multiple causes at this age the commonest being poly arthralgia. Other causes can be rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.
She needs a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal