For the past 4-5 days I've been having left shoulder

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: For the past 4-5 days I've been having left shoulder pain. It hurts to lift my arm, or stretch it out. When lowering my arm I can also hear a clicking or grinding. I am 27 years old, moderately active, I work in construction and have never really had problems like this before.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably Ligamentous injury inside the joint.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
The way you have described the problem, there is a possibility of ligamentous damage inside your shoulder joint. I suggest as a first step you get a X ray of the shoulder joint.
In the meantime , start pain killers , muscle relaxants and local heat + physiotherapy.
If the X rays are normal and you do not have any improvement in about 10 days , then MRI of shoulder joint may be required.
Thanks and please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng