For the last year and a half my daughter 17
She also has had high inflammation in her blood, could they be connected? What type of doc could we see about high inflammation?
Her primary and neurologist don't have much to say about it and I can't help but link the two together seems they don't know what's causing or how to stop the head pain.
The two could be linked.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.
I have noted your daughter's symptoms and I agree that her headaches and blood inflammation could be linked. Conditions such as central nervous system (CNS) vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessel in brain) and collagen vascular diseases can cause headache as well as inflammation in blood. You need to see a rheumatologist as well as a second opinion from another neurologist.
I sincerely hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
MRI/MR Angiogram brain with contrast could show.
Thank you for getting back.
MR angiogram with contrast can show features of vasculitis. However, if it is strongly suspected, DSA (digital subtraction angiography) should be done, which is the gold standard diagnostic test for CNS vasculitis.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does the EEG and MRI reports suggest?
- What causes fatigue with tingling and tremors in body?
- Suggest treatment for headache with back pain
- Suggest treatment for constant vertigo
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the right portion of body
- What causes constant headaches?
- Does PET-CT scan help identify cognitive dsyfunction?
- Suggest treatment for extensive white matter damage in brain
- Suggest treatment for migrane
- What does these EEG reports indicate?