For most of my adult life, while typing at speed,

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in Brain and Spine
Question: For most of my adult life, while typing at speed, I transpose letters. This is not an issue when I read or write by hand.

Is this anything?

I will add that mentallly, I am thinking of the word in the correct spelling sequence. My most frequent errors involve words like "then", "that", "the", "it", "if" or "in". Also, when words end and then begin with the same letter, I usually have to go back and add that letter. I don't double type it.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Quite normal if you type very fast.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I don't think this is a medical issue or has to do with any disease or disorder. I believe it is a consequence of speeding too much while typing.
Try to calm and work a bit slower to avoid this errors.
This is quite normal event if you type to a very high speed so there is nothing wrong with you.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad