For almost a year I have had this terrible itching
Can be due to vaginal dryness.
Thanks for posting your query.
Intense itching in the clitoris and vagina is commonly encountered in two conditions,
One is The Candidiasis (yeast), this does present with intense itching and foul-smelling curdy discharge. This condition can be treated with antifungals like Fluconazole.
The other possibility for such a problem is low estrogen levels leading to dryness in the vagina which stimulate the vaginal mucosa and cause itching. This is a common problem in the postmenopausal age group. This can be treated by using a topical Estrogen cream in the area to combat the dryness.
Please do get examined by a Gynecologist (no, NOT the nurse please) and ascertain the cause to get treated.
Meanwhile, you can take an antihistaminic like Benadryl which will reduce the itching.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...