For about a year, I have had an issue with
Biopsy of mucosal membrane is needed.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
At this point when you have visited different doctors without a solution I would recommend that you for a biopsy of the mucosal linning of the throat.
I suspect you may be suffering from pemphigus. It is an autoimmune disorder of mucosal membrane and in your case of mucosal membranes of throat where blisters are formed and also over production of sticky mucus.
Doing a biopsy of mucosal linning of throat is the only way to check the reasons which is causing all this mucous production.
If it results to be pemphigus probably corticosteroid and immunosuppressive drugs may be needed.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Biopsy is not just a swap.
Hello dear and thank you for asking again.
Biopsy is not just a swap of throat. Biopsy is a small cut of mucosal lining.
You can go to another ENT and explain better and you can also show her our conversation to help her.
Let me know if I can assist with.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.