Fluttering sensation above left breast, episode lasted few seconds, hot sweats. Causes?
Thanks for posting your query.
It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better, if you could answer some of these questions:
1) Have you got your blood sugar levels checked and have you got a history of diabetes?
2) Was the fluttering sensation accompanied by any acid reflux?
3) Have you got a cardiac check up done recently?
From the symptoms that you have described, one possibility is that this fluttering sensation is due to anxiety or stress. Twitching and hot sweating are often symptoms of anxiety attack.
Then these symptoms can be due to diabetes, vitamin B 12 deficiency and neurological causes. We need to confirm the diagnosis by getting your blood sugar levels, ECG (Electrocardiography) heart and vitamin B 12 levels done. You can eat a healthy diet consisting more of meat and non veg products which are XXXXXXX sources of vitamin B 12.
If you are a vegetarian then you can take vitamin B 12 supplements after consulting your physician.
If however the fluttering sensation is XXXXXXX seated, then cardiac arrhythmia are important to be ruled out by means of ECG and holter monitoring.
For your GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux) also, try the following lifestyle measures:
1) Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks.
2) It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down.
3) To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods.
4) Also take some antacid but if the symptoms are severe, then you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole after consulting your doctor.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. Please accept my answer in case there are no follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tightening sensation under the breast no lumps causes
- What causes fluttering under right breast
- Left breast pain causes
- What is the cause for burning pain in left breast
- What causes discomfort and tightness under the left breast
- What causes a vibrating sensation in the breast
- What causes swelling under my left breast
- Could lump in breast cause extreme sweating
- What causes repeated episodes of mastistis in the breast
- What causes pain and fluttering under the left breast
- How are high levels of homocystiene treated ?
- WBC in urine, pain, pressure in vagina, stinging, burning sensation...
- Do antidepressants cause weight loss ?
- Celexa a clamipromine, anti-depressant, anti anxiety, safe to take fun...
- What causes pain in the knees and feet ?
- MSRA infection, bactrim, flagyl, spot on labia, drained, new one formed....
- I have fever, fatigue and daily headache. What do these symptoms suggest?
- My coccyx was injured previously and I have severe pain in the area. How...
- I have cramps in my calves and feet, sweating at night and am not able...
- Dark bruise on spine, trauma, blood capillaries ruptured, post...