Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Fluttering in chest, occasionally. What does that mean?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
a fluttering below my left breast not all the time i am a 67 year old male
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 42 minutes later
Hi, thanks for the query.

Well, you are 67 years old otherwise normal healthy male.

Fluttering in any part of the body, without any previous medical condition is normally due to localized muscular hyperactivity.

So, the cause of your problem is just muscular. For this you need not to worry. Just take a course muscle relaxant like chlorzoxaxone twice a day for 3 days. Please get this prescribed from your physician.

Don’t worry, you will be all right. It’s just a benign and very common condition.

Hope, this will help you and I am ready for future follow-ups (if any).

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor