Flaky red skin around mouth. Using Carmex. No relief. What could be the reason and treatment?
Thanks for your query.
Such dryness of scaly lesions appear due to inhibition of sebaceous secretions in the area affected.
It is seen when exposed to low temperature zones.This is well reversible depending of the temperature, exposure to direct sun a minimum of 2 to 3 hours a day will help you get rid of the problem.
You can also apply substitutes to sebum like Organic Golden Camellia oil, Jojoba oil etc. Also petroleum jellies would help when applied before you go out in the morning.
Hope I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
Thanks for writing back.
Well, there are many other possibilities for such a lesion , but I chose to explain the commonest amongst.
Do attach a picture of the lesions you have here, I shall have a look and understand the condition better and opine specifically on it.
Anticipating your response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having chest pains what could be the reason relief treatment
- Treatment for raw red lip of mouth
- Is anbesol used in the treatment of mouth ulcer ?
- Is flagyl used in the treatment of mouth abscess ?
- Is carmex used in the treatment of dry skin ?
- What is the best treatment for open mouth
- What is the treatment for mouth infection
- What is the treatment for mouth ulcers
- Is aquoral used in the treatment of dry mouth ?
- Mucous cyst treatment carmex