Fitted hearing aid for poor hearing loss and found lump on head. Any cure?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have a lump on the right side of my head a few inches above my right ear i noticed it yesterday but over night it has got abit bigger in size almost a ten pence size its very painful to touch and the area around it i haven't knocked my head as far as i'm aware but last week i was fitted with an hearing aid for poor hearing loss and damege to my right ear
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, there are two possibilities-

1. Local Infection of skin and deeper tissues- In this condition, there may be pain and swelling, which is tender to touch. Treatment would require analgesics such as ibuprofen and antibiotics.

2. Scalp hematoma- bleeding underneath the skin due to an un-noticed injury. This also would benefit with analgesics.

In either case, there is no need to worry. Please consult your GP for further evaluation.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM