Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Fitted hearing aid for poor hearing loss and found lump on head. Any cure?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5574 Questions
i have a lump on the right side of my head a few inches above my right ear i noticed it yesterday but over night it has got abit bigger in size almost a ten pence size its very painful to touch and the area around it i haven't knocked my head as far as i'm aware but last week i was fitted with an hearing aid for poor hearing loss and damege to my right ear
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, there are two possibilities-

1. Local Infection of skin and deeper tissues- In this condition, there may be pain and swelling, which is tender to touch. Treatment would require analgesics such as ibuprofen and antibiotics.

2. Scalp hematoma- bleeding underneath the skin due to an un-noticed injury. This also would benefit with analgesics.

In either case, there is no need to worry. Please consult your GP for further evaluation.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor