Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Fistula hole remains open even after undergoing VAAFT. What do you suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1309 Questions
My fistula hole is not closed since three months after VAAFT.please help
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 18 hours later

Thanks for the query.

In ayurveda we opt for a surgical procedure referred to as Kshar sutar. This is procedure in which a special thread made from cactus milk and turmeric is used - The milk removes infective lessions and turmeric aids in quick healing.

In your case as you have already undergone VAAFT and still external hole remains open. A trial to medicines can be given to stop oozing if any and proper healing of the opening.The medicines used in such cases are haridra khand tab. allerin and trifla guggul. Local application of jatyadi tail will assist in proper healing. Most probably you will be benefitted with this medication, in case it still remains

I encourage you to consult an ayurvedic anorectal specialist nearby in your area. I think Kshar XXXXXXX will cure it positively.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor