Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Fillers in face, lumps, on biaxin, sepsis. Serious?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I had fillers in my face and then developed painful bumps and lumps. I had fallen on
N the tennis court and had a bad XXXXXXX gash. my dermatologist told me the bumps were caused by an fection caused by bacteria in my bloodstream. He put me on Biaxin two days ago. I am 64. Could turn to sepsis? Should I have a blood test. When would the bumps go away?

Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Definitely if there is a history of XXXXXXX gash after falling and now you have developed painful bumps and lumps, it looks like bacterial infection which causes pain, redness, warmth and sometimes pus formation and discharge. I suggest you to get a pus culture and a blood culture done.

Biaxin which you have been prescribed is Clarithromycin which is often prescribed for skin and respiratory infections.

Since you have started with the antibiotic, it is less likely that it will turn into sepsis because sepsis occurs when the infections goes untreated.

The bumps should likely go away in 7-14 days depending on the severity of the infection and its susceptibility to the antibiotic.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor