Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Fever,excessive sweating,high blood pressure,head ache,fatigue,dehydration,hypothyroidism,hysterectomy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I have not been feeling well: many periods of instantanious body temp increases with excessive sweating. I usually am drenched within 2 minutes. High blood pressure 172/94 ( am taking Lisinopril 20 mg), severe headaches, and a feeling of exhaustion and feeling faint. Have had many attacks of excessive vomiting resulting in dehydration and shock with subsequent hospitalizations and emergency trips x 11 in the last year. I am autoimmune and have hypothyroid . Have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme, Fibromyalgia, CFS, Menier's. Had cholesystectomy and hysterectomy. Age 68, 5ft3", 150 lbs.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

You have mentioned that you have been diagnosed with chronic Lymes, Fibromyalgia, CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Meniere's, hypothyroidism.
Currently you are having rise in body temp with sweating.

Firs of all, I would advice you to monitor you temperature. If it is documented to be more than 99 deg F during these episodes, we can say its fever. If however, your temperature is normal, your symptoms is unlikely to be related to any infection.

Intermittent Sweating, elevated BP and headaches, exhaustion can be related to hormonal disturbances. You are 68 years and are well beyond menopausal age.
The only other possibility which needs to be ruled out is Pheochromocytoma. This is a condition in which there is liberation of adrenaline from adrenaline gland lesion in excess of normal requirement. Such release is associated with systemic symptoms most of them which match yours.

There are multitude of your symptoms which is difficult to fit in one specific diagnosis.
You must consult your physician and get your self evaluate to rule out any infection in body.
A routine test will be required to assess any infection or underlying cause.

Hope this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor