Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Fever with tense abdomen. Why?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
My father Have fever since past 4 days, its not go beyond 99, stomach is very tight. Feeling cold
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
needs investigations and clinical exam

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Fever with tense abdomen is a bad combination and often indicates serious underlying condition.
The possibilities are of gall stones with infection, a complicated gastric ulcer, gut infection, urinary tract infection etc.
Sometimes these patients deteriorate very rapidly.
He should be examined by a local physician and a Complete blood count, Liver and Kidney function tests, an ultrasound of whole abdomen and Urine culture and routine examination will be helpful to start with in making a working diagnosis.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Fever with tense abdomen. Why? 7 minutes later
Thanks for the Answer. We have consulated with local doctor and few medical chekups already done like, Malaria, Dengu etc etc all reports are normal. But there is some indication of Fatty lever. He suggested to give 1GM monoceff iv with pantocid IV. There are some reliff in issue but fever up and down is still going on. If we ask in first glance than what do you think what could be the issue
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 days later
Brief Answer:
continue current treatment and do investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,
Welcome back.
The antibiotic ceftriaxone and pantocid is good initial approach from your clinician for a broad coverage. He should continue the treatment and should also get investigation of Liver function test, complete blood count and typhoid serology and also get an ultrasound of whole abdomen.
Blood culture and urine culture reporting is also worthwhile.
I hope the advice will be helpful for you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor