Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Felt swollen gland in groin area after intercourse. Worried for HIV or STD

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
Hi I slept with this girl about 3 weeks ago and I was told she had slept with a lot of guys I have felt a bit worried because I think I have swallen glands in my Grond I am worried about hiv and other stds
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
Did you use protection?
If not, it is usual that people are worried and anxious after such happenings, but there is no purpose about thinking of the worst. There is a possibility that some of STD was transmissed,and swollen glands can be sign of it so the best way to rule this out is to do swab tests,some other symptoms are burning pain while urinating and pusy discharge HIV is mcuh less possible and it wouldnt have any symptom, it can be detectable 6-8 weeks after intercourse so I suggest to do testing after that period.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor