Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Felt movable lump under rib cage. Could this be lipoma?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 961 Questions
small pointy lump about an inch under the bottom of left rib cage about 3 inches to center. not sensitive. a bit moveable. I have many lipoma's and have had several removed. This is a bit harder smaller and rounder then most of my lipoma's.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical care specialist) and would be glad to answer your query here.

It is also likely to be a lipoma. could be some skin growth or cyst.

Could you tell me this?: if you lie flat, raise your both legs up (to tighten the abdominal muscles), and try to move the lump held between your fingers side to side? Is it freely movable or fixes once muscles get tight?

If you could upload a photo here on this site using the uploader below your text box, it would be great.

You could consult a surgeon to get evaluated and see if it is really a lipoma.

I would be happy to answer any future queries.
Keep me informed at
Good luck !
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor