Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

158 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Felt fleshy lump on vaginal wall. Getting sharp pain in groin with vaginal discharge. Any cure?

Answered by
Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 689 Questions

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I can feel a fleshy lump to the right side of my vaginal wall. I am getting the occasional sharp shooting pain on the right side of my groin accompanied with a lot of vaginal discharge which is clear/white in colour with a sweet odour. I have been previously diagnosed with PCOS although periods are not too irregular, although I have not had one since september when I was started on 2 micronor pills per day. During ovulation and periods, pain is normally more to the right too.
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 18 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

The fleshy lump you feel could be a polyp.They are usually asymptomatic or may present with pain or bleeding.
Vaginal discharge could be related to this or due to associated genital infection.

The other possibility can be an ovarian cyst leading to irregular cycles, pain and worsening of symptoms with periods.

You need to consult a gynecologist for an XXXXXXX examination to confirm the diagnosis.
An ultrasound may be required depending on your examination findings.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 32 minutes later
My last cervical smear was in January of this year and was normal. However, I am experiencing very mild bleeding after sex. This bleeding however is not painful and it is not painful during sex either.

I suppose my main fear is that it would be something cancerous. I have two children at the moment. My last pregnancy was in 2005 and it was a difficult birth with my daughter being face down and requiring turning during delivery.

Besides being diagnosed with PCOS in 2001, I have had pretty normal record of sexual health, though my daughters conception was aided with clomid. I have an appointment with my GP on 10th December to have a vaginal exam (due to the bleeding after sex) - Should I see if I can be sooner.

Please calm me down! I am getting stressed.

Also, should add the pain is not there all the time but comes in twinges of sharp pain.
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

thanks for writing back.

You need not panic.

Your symptoms are not severe to panic. Also you say your last cervical smear was normal. Cancer does not happen so soon.

Bleeding after sex further supports that you have a polyp. Polyp are growths which are usually benign. They are easily treatable by removal which is then sent for tissue study to confirm there is no malignant change in them. Their removal is minor surgical procedure which does not require any long term admission.

You can wait till your appointment.

I hope I have answered you.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Clomid

doctor1 MD

Hello, Dr Shehzad Topiwala! My name is Daniel, and I am seeking your professional advice and expertice. I am 21 years old, male, good health, fit, no smoking or excessive alcohol. I am experiencing low testosterone symptoms such as: no sex drive, ED, depressed mood, etc. My sex life is almost non-existent. I am 21 years old, and should not be dealing with problems like these. The blood work done with my doctor, all came back within the normal range, and my doctor tells me everything is like it should be, yet I don’t feel like it is. I have gotten a copy of my results and did some research online. Aberrantly my T-levels at 14,5 nmol/L (around 350-400 converted to ng/dl), are in the same range as an average 80 year old… My testosterone levels are not god for a guy my age, and far from optimal. So I went back to my doctor, but now she tells me my symptoms are caused by depression. I admit feeling depressed, but that is a result of my problems, depression is not causing them. And then she continued to prescribe me some Viagra… I am confident in saying that the symptoms I am experiencing are hormone/testosterone related, not psychological. My testosterone levels are low, but not low enough to get treatment, and thereby no chance to get sent of to an expert on the subject. So I am glad I found your internet service. What am I supposed to do? I cannot live like this, life feels so empty at the moment, and I don’t feel youthful at all… Some of my friends tells me that they can masturbate/have sex 3-4 times a day. Me, I need a two-day recharge time after just one “session”. Below are my results, please take a look at them, what do you think? Free T4      18.9 pmol/L 11.0 - 22.0 FSH 3.9 IE/L 1.0 – 12.0 Cortisol 577 nmol/L LH      9.7 IE/L      1.0 – 10.0 Prolactin 156 mIE/L      100 – 400 SHBG      18 nmol/L      15 – 85 Testosterone 14.5 nmol/L 9.0 – 35.0 TSH      0.66 mIE/L      0.30 – 4.2 Estradiol 0.09 nmol/L 00 – 0.16 Free Testosterone 7.1      3.0 – 14.7 I was hoping your profession on this subject could cast some light on my situation. Do you see anything out of the ordinary when looking at my blood test results? I am noticing elevated LH levels, along with the low testosterone, does this mean there could be something wrong with my testicles/leydig cells ? One guy told me that my pituary maby needed a kickstart. And that my T-levels would increase with the use of a drug like arimidex or clomid. To my understanding, these drugs work by increasing the LH levels, thus increasing testosterone. If my leydig cells where not responding well, trying this would be pointless? If possible, I would ask for a detailed response. Thank you in advance. Best regards Daniel

doctor1 MD

Hi,I finished my periods 5 days back, today doctor asked me to take clomid for 5 days (from 10th -15th day) and start duphaston for 10 days once a day (16th-25th day) .. what I have heard is, clomid makes you ovulate after few days of finishing...

doctor1 MD

I have been on Chlomid a few weeks ago, i ovulated last tuesday; my husband & i had sex...since wednesday i get hot spots in various places all through the day &i they itch...does it have anything to do with this (hopefully side effect of pregnancy) or could it be something else like a drug side effect from my pharmacy changing my adipex?

doctor1 MD

hi I'm a 23 yr old female being treated for pcos . I'm taking prescribed metformin (2000mg/day) I'm currently trying to get pregnant and was wondering if a doc could look at my chart and tell me if I possibly ovulated. this is my first month...

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor,I m 33yrs old.trying from last 2yrs.All harmones,f.tubes,husband report are normal except pcod.Took fertility drugs -clomid50mg,progynova, duphaston for 4cycles.Taking ovacare from 1mth.This cycle-did tvs on 10th day.follicle...

doctor1 MD

I was on clomid for two cycles and ovulated with good progesterone on day 21 but did not get pregnant. I took this month off to let my body rest because my periods are really light and only last 1 day and never have to wear more than a panty liner. I am 35 years old and have no children. My last period was on the 7th and I have very strong cramps and thought I was gushing blood but I only had half of the tampon was saturated. I have been cramping on and off since then and it has been 12 days. My nipples also have been having spasms occasionaly and blue veins are prominent more than usual. I feel light headed at times and sometime nauseated or emotional but not very often. I took a pregnancy test a couple days after my period and it was negative. Do I have a cyst? Why have I been cramping and I never have sore breast mid month only sore nipples a few days before my periods. Please help.

doctor1 MD

Hi dr i am 33 yrs ht 158cm,wt 49kg female ,married scince 1yr &2m, i have hypothridism on eltroxine 75mg, aswell PCOD tried for ovulation induction with tab.clomid but no use after that i undergone laproscopic overian drilling done during surgery endometrial biopsy waws done .it given me shoke news that SEVERE ATYPICAL COMPLEX HYPERPLASIA (endometroid adenocarcinoma cannot be excluded ) & they recommented MRI to know myometrial invasion. MRI was done result that no obvious infiltrating mass lesion.
then dr. started tab.Endace 40 mg tds for 3 mns & adviced to repeat biopsy after that.
please give your opinion abt this matter and can i get pregnant