question-icon

Fell on hard hair and hit labia minor. No bleeding. Applied Clobetasol,Neomycin with Miconazole Nitrate cream. What to do?

Posted on Mon, 28 Oct 2013
Question: My 4.5 year old daughter fell on a hard plastic chair and hit her labia minor outer base lining . I noticed half inch cut on labia minor wall no bleeding observed but today (after 24 hrs) during dressing I observed slight bleeding.For dressing I cleaned that part with dettol water & then applied Clobetasol,Neomycin with Miconazole Nitrate cream.It doesn't hurt & her regular activities like playing, walking also not affected.What I have to do further & where should i have to show her gynac/surgen?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Simple laceration. Will heal itself

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ma'am, ,

Good Day to you.

I can fully appreciate your concern.

It was a simple laceration, which will heal, without any complications' within 2-3 days' time. Minimal bleeding is routine and should not of any concern. There is NO REQUIREMENT of showing the child to Gynac/Surgeon.

Cleaning the wound with few drops of Dettol in a mug of water is adequate. No ointment application is required. So, Please RELAX.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Rakesh Karanwal