Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Fell on hand, lump under chest, done icing. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
I fell on my hand which had a ball in it just under the right breast and my chest and ribs in the surrounding area aren't feeling any better and it's 3 days actually feeling worse. I put ice and I have difficulty sleeping since just moving my head area to sit up is painful. I am 59 reasonably fit outside of herniations in spine and osteopenia. Forget about side sleeping especially on the right side though the pain and hit was more to the center. Please let me know what I should do, thank you so very much.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 58 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
As injury to chest due to fall, might have caused partial fracture of ribs, you should get X-ray of your chest (PA view) done and consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for examination and treatment.
Meanwhile you can take analgesic anti-inflammatory tablet with serratiopeptidase 2-3 times daily with food and apply Relaxyl gel locally.
Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor