Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Fell into rock, face tingling, black eye, coughing up blood. Help

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12678 Questions
Hard fall into a rock under my eye. Nerves going down my face are tingling and really black eye, coughing up blood from sinus. This happened last Friday is that normal. I am really thirsty all the time. Had eye doctor look at eye and he said it was fine but my teeth still hurt and the nerves are driving me crazy.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Coughing up blood and having an increased thirst after an injury around the eye is suggestive of a head injury. This needs a medical attention and investigations like CT scan and MRI to detect the extent of injury that has taken place.
You need to consult your doctor or a ‎neurologist for proper examination and tests to rule out anything serious.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor