Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Fell down the stairs. Having chest pain and lump behind right knee. Are they related?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
I fell down two stairs an the next day was experiencing chest pain on my right side of my right peck, and noticed a day or two later a golf ball sized lump behind y right knee. are they related and or serious ?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ice+analgesics+muscle relaxants

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be attributed to musculo-skeletal pain secondary to the fall.
The lump is due to soft tissue swelling.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by application of ice to the affected area, intake of analgesics like Diclofenac, anti spasmodics like Dicyclomine preparation (to be taken after food) and application of analgesic & muscle relaxant gel.
You can also include supplements of Calcium & Vitamin D in your diet which will help in strengthening of bones.

If symptoms still persist, kindly visit your General Physician & get a proper clinical examination done to rule out any possibility of fracture or soft tissue injury.
You need to get X XXXXXXX of the right knee joint & chest done for the same.

In your post, you have not mentioned about history of any systemic illness like Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypo/Hyperthyroidism, etc.
Under such circumstances, investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels and Thyroid profile will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor