Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Fell down on back. Bruise appeared from spine to hip area. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I fell on my back 3 days ago. It's all black & blue on my right side, from waist to my hip area. The bruising is from my spine to hip area. It hurts, about 5, on a 1-10 scale. Is there anything I can do to ease it. Hot or cold comrpresses?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

As this is 3 after the trauma, you can try hot to ease the pain and increase recovery process. Hot baths should be good for it and should relax muscles. You can also try Diclophenac 50 mg twice a day (should be taken with Omeprasole 20 mg once a day for stomach protection).
Just note that after such trauma, not everything is visible and there might be a hematoma under bruised skin. If such hematoma is left without antibiotics, its possibility to become an abscess rises. Moreover, there is a possibility of bones fractures even if you do not feel it that way. That is why I suggest you to visit a doctor, have injured area X-rays and ultrasound to rule all possible injuries out.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor