Fell down, have breathing difficulty without bowel movement. Any suggestion?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: Haven't used restroom in 3 days since I fell off a latter and lost my breath ,took mineral oil but has not helped any suggestions thanks leo
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

For immediate relief, you can try the following.
DULCOLAX (BISACODYL) SUPPOSITORIES 10 mg two of them can be bought over the counter and kept in the motion passage ( not to be taken orally) both at the same time.
If there is no result for 12 hours, it is wise to consult a physician.
If you are ot passing gas(flatus) also, you need to attend the ER now.
To manage bowels in the long run please take enough
1. Roughage in the diet,
2. Oral fluids at least 8 glasses in addition to the regular beverages.
3. Fruits like banana and guava every night at bedtime.
Hope this helps.
Wish you good health
REGARDS
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 minutes later
Thanks for the information but somethings have changed I used the bathroom about 29 min ago and found blood in my stools should I wait to see if next time there's more or should I go to the ER..thanks l!!
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 20 minutes later
Hi
Welcome back.
That is good news!
Usually accumulated stools are large in volume and hence they may tear the veins or the skin on their way.
Unless the blood is alarming or you feel dizzy, there is no need to rush to the ER.
You can watch for a few days even, to see how you progress.
If there is pain at the anus, you may use LIGNOCAINE JELLY before and after opening the bowels.
Pls write back about your progress.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 days later
Hello sir:
I have new information, to recap I fell Friday and don't have a bowl movement till Monday morning with blood.since then everything went back to normal:)but today wensday 8pm there was blood again medium amount,I do have hemorrhoids but they rarely erupt..so I'm confused on what my next step should be.
Ps.I have no pain in my stomach area thanks clifftin....
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome back.
At this stage, hemorrhoids needs to be managed.
The initial management would be high fiber diet, stools softeners and local anesthetic gel.
If not successful, minimally invasive methods like banding or infrared coagulation may be necessary, depending on the stage of the problem.
Ultimately, ligation of the hemorrhoids may be needed.
It is wise t consult a surgeon at this point.
Wish you good health
DR GS