Owl Image

Fell down from stairs. Got lump with sharp pain. Applied ice pack. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i recently fell down stairs.. well like two weeks ago. my briusing is gone but there is a small lump and i get sharps pains in the area.. ?? i have been putting ice on it and also aspercream ..i think i i may have bruise the muscle and this is the after effects
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 1 hour later

After reading your symptoms, I feel that you may have developed a small muscle injury. You need to keep doing cold fomentation, as it will reduce the swelling. You should also apply a local pain killer gel/spray for symptomatic relief.
A dose of mild painkillers with anti-inflammatory property can be taken if required.
Muscle injuries usually take 3-4 weeks to heal completely.
If the pain and swelling continue even after the prescribed time then you must visit your physician for a checkup.

Hope you feel better soon.