Fell down from stairs. Getting frequent headache, jaw pain and muscle tension. Are they related?
Months later he is complaining of frequent headaches .. A massage thearapist said his muscles were tense and misaligned .. Even his jaw seemed out of sorts .. Could it be related ? What next ?
Thank you for posting your query.
First of all, I would like to reassure you that the symptoms in your son do not suggest any serious XXXXXXX brain problem.
Also, his symptoms of headache are most likely not related to the fall a few months ago.
The likely causes of his headaches are muscle tension headache (as suggested by his therapist) or migraine.
As of now, he can take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac, if his headaches are severe. Also, he would require preventive medications to prevent the recurrence of headaches.
He should consult a neurologist. Depending on evaluation, and response to medical treatment, a decision may be taken whether to do CT scan of brain or not.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cold related jaw pain
- Vertigo neck pain muscle tension jaw pain
- Intense ear and jaw pain with headache
- Ringing in left ear, left jaw pain and headaches
- Heart palpitations and headache and jaw pain
- Jaw pain eyes getting red
- Experiencing numbness in mouth headache and jaw pain cause
- Ear ache jaw pain headache
- Headache and jaw pain dipping tobacco
- Headache ear pain jaw pain
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy