Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Fell down and noticed knot and bruise on the back of upper leg. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10371 Questions
Hello: on about Sept. 18 I fell down a flight of metal stairs, bruising the back of my upper leg. The bruise is healing okay, but my concern is a knot that has formed just below my bottom. Should I be concerned? YYYY@YYYY

Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The small knot that you have noticed near the bruise is likely to be due to a scar tissue or fibrosis at the site of injury. This is likely to resolve spontaneously over next few weeks. There is nothing to worry.
In case the knot increases in size, shows redness and is associated with pan then it needs to be examined by a physician to rule out any infection in the area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor