Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Fell down and knocked teeth, swelling appeared. Given neurofen. Should I go for medical check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
My 10 year old daughter has fallen mouth first on to her scooter and knocked one of her front teeth which appears a little loose. I've given her a 10ml dose of Neurofen, a sweet drink for shock and an ice pack to reduce the swelling on her top lip. Apart from taking her to a dentist as soon as they open is please would you advise me as to whether there is anything else I should do to help her?
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
I think you have already done a great job.
Another thing, do not manipulate the loose tooth and ask the child not to press it with the tongue either, till the dentist fixes it to stable side teeth.
This is important to keep the teeth alive by not disturbing it's blood supply.
You can give paracetamol(Acetaminophen) 250mg 6hourly if available at home.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor