Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Fell down a hill. Bruise and narrow area of pain appeared on knee. Suggest some cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
fell down a hill, iced bruise, narrow area of pain from outerknee down about 12 inches, no pain when walking only if i lift leg
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

The pain you mention appears to be from bone in the leg.

Such sharp pains specially when there is shearing force over the affected part is most commonly seen in hair line fractures.

I suggest you to get an Xray done as early as possible as hair line fractures if left undiagnosed will remain undiagnosed as they will not be shown in X rays after some days of the injury.

Meanwhile do apply crepe bandage to restrict the mobility in the affected part.Do apply (do not massage) Diclofenac gel over the affected part to get relieved from pain.

Hope I answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor