Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Fell down. Having numbness and pain on feet. Suspected for developing proctitis. Suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
I fell down a flight of stairs Sunday, went for healthcare right away and was told from my xrays and neuros that i would start to improve in a few days. I have been getting worse instead. I went to doctor again on tuesday and was told my lumbar region of spine is out if alignment but its a sprain and it will improve. Today my feet are going numb and the pain is continuing to get worse. I have follow up appointment with physician tomorrow. Should i go to urgent care now instead of waiting? Also i believe i am developing proctitis because i can't pass flatus without straining. I am a nurse and need to get back on my feet asap. I don't know what to do.
I forgot to include that the pain from sacrum/coccyx radiates up my lumbar region, latterly to left buttocks and at times down my left leg as well as towards my vagina. This radiating of pain along with numbness were not present Sunday when the injury occurred.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 19 minutes later

Thanks for your query

The symptoms you are developing that is numbness of feet and worsening of pain is no doubt from the neurological origin. The fall have hit your lumber vertebrae and have some degree compression on the spinal cord,'

These type of conditions are taken as emergency when neurological deficits develop like loss of sensations and loss of tone and power, numbness is the start of it. Therefore in my opinion It is not improving rather worsening therefore it is strongly recommended to visit neurologist asap.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor