Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Fell and right side of back was hit. Bruised and have scratches. Hurting to breath. Should I be worried?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Fell and hit the middle right side of my back. This happened 8 days ago. I am bruised and have scratches. It hurt if I breath deeply and moved in a twisted motion. But last night I felt discomfort when sleeping which woke me with every move and feel sore today. Is this normal that I should feel worse after 8 days or should I be concerned I that I may have hurt something internally. I have no other symptons to indicate such - no swelling, blood, etc.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems muscular or ligamentous strain over back.

Detailed Answer:

From description , it seems you might developed muscular or ligamentous strain over back . If you haven't been resting well, it can worsen after a strenuous work. Good amount of rest is crucial in healing such injuries.

Following measures will help with the pain
• Lie on a hard bed.
• Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required
• Avoid forward bending.
• Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights.
• Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help.

If the above measures fail to provide symptom relief, consult an orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation and management.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor