Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Feet not in shape of the child. What should be done regarding this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10454 Questions
I have a baby girl. She is 19 months old. Her weight is 11 kg.

Her feet is not in the right shape. Pls suggest what should I do ?
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The most common abnormality of feet seen in infants is club feet. It can be flexible or rigid.
The condition is completely correctable. Nonsurgical treatment is the first line of therapy which includes serial manipulation and casting, taping, physical therapy and splinting, and continuous passive motion with a machine. Surgical treatment is extensive and requires release of soft tissue and joint contractures, tendon lengthening, and temporary pin fixation of joints in the foot in case the non surgical treatment is not successful.
Please consult an orthopedician for proper diagnosis and early treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor