Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Feels a growing flesh in opening of vagina. Red but no pain and itching. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
My wife feels a flesh is grown in opening of vegina (i mean below gspot) it can been clearly with doggy style,it is of a cherry size red in color,but there is no itching sensation or its hurts while intercourse,we recently got married.This worries me a lot in future my baby may get effected for which i am planning to have baby in next month,my wife is of 25 years old and i am 30 years old.I consulted a doctor he assisted to have anti-biotics tablets.Its been 10 days still the flesh has not recovered.Can you help me what to do?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later

More than likely, this is cyst maybe Bartholin’s cyst. It will definitely need to be examined and is required may be drained. These cysts have a tendency to recur if not drained. I suggest you see the doctor again for examination. After drainage, she will need antibiotics. Meanwhile avoid sexual intercourse for a few days and keep the area clean. Sitting in a hot water tub will help to reduce the swelling and pain.

Hope this helps your wife. Let me know if you have more queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feels a growing flesh in opening of vagina. Red but no pain and itching. What to do? 1 hour later
can i know why she got the cyst?
We used condom once while intercourse is it because of it?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
It occurs due to accumulation of the natural secretions of the glands in that area. If those secretions are not washed out properly it may become a cyst . There are many glands in that area and many secretions during intercourse. Condom may not be the problem. Make sure she keeps the area clean .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor