Feeling weird sensation in tonsil and developed small lump under jaw. What is wrong?

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Posted on Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Dental Health
Question: hi, I have a question. I just recently developed a small ball shaped lump I suppose that moves around under my jaw on the right side. I also think I have an enlarged lymph node under on the right side of my neck kinda by my carotid artery. Also a couple of days ago I notice my right tonsil has been feeling a little weird, I believe it got a little big bigger. Other than that I have no other symptoms. What do you suppose is wrong with me?
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 46 minutes later

Your lump in neck and below the jaw could be lymph node secondary to infection in throat.
Commonly acute throat infection is due to viral but may get secondary bacterial infection.
You need to visit Physician and after examination, prescription of antibiotic, decongestants, and anti inflammatory drugs for the same.

In the meantime you can take paracetamol for pain and fever. Do warm saline gargles three time a day, which will help to reduce congestion in throat.

This may take few days to resolve and hope you recover soon.

Hope this information helps you. If there is any further query, I will be available for clarification.

Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan