Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Feeling weakness to go for a stress test. Is there any alternative?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
Hi, I don't not have the energy right now to do a stress test, is there an alternative
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 19 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
No problem there is more than one alternative.
What is done in stress test you are asked to perform a treadmill exercise so as to raise your BP and Heart Rate. If you multiply maximum heart rate with maximum BP achieved it is called rate pressure product. Normally, depending upon your age Target Heart Rate is chosen, it is 220- Age that is 166 in you. Same rate can be be obtained by pharmacological means and you can under go either of the two tests:
1. Pharmacological (Dobutamine) Stress echo. or
2 Pharmacological (Adenosidne or Dobutamine) Stress myocardial imaging using
either Thallium 201 or Systamibi

It is between you and your doctor what he prefers, in my opinion both have almost equal sensitivity and specificity. If you have any question, I shall be happy to answer to. Regards

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor