Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Feeling uncomfortable while intercourse. Have had UTI. What could be causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Hello when me and my husband have intercourse It feels as though he is hitting something and hen he hits it OT causes pain and pressure I have been checked my the gyno in my hometown and he hasn't said he's felt anything. What could he be pushing against that causes this pain. I suffer from persistent UTI and thrush could any or both of these be the cause? Sometimes when he puts pressure on it it almost relieves and feels like he is relieves the pressure for a moment but then it just starts to Hurt again.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
The vagina is an organ with great stretchability and flexibility.
It can adjust to adjust almost any size penis if in good health.
Penis reaches the cervix and the posterior fornix during XXXXXXX penetration but under normal circumstances it is not painful rather is enjoyable.
I think the characteristics of vagina in your case are marred by the inflammation caused by infection with candida.
Another strong possibility is you may be having a Pelvic Inflammatory disease, which is a chronic condition due to infection XXXXXXX in the pelvic viscera.
You should review again and get high vaginal swab gram stain and culture done and also get repeat urine exam/cultures along with CBC,RFT etc.
I can advise you some medicines but it is wise to get the whole thing evaluated and then take whole course simultaneously for better efficacy.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling uncomfortable while intercourse. Have had UTI. What could be causing this? 22 hours later
The gyno just did a pap and CBC plus a urine culture test. I get the results in a couple days. Before when they tested me it came back as ecoli in my urine and severe thrush infection+UTI. They gave me antibiotics macrobid and a ton of other ones none seem to help at all. They put me on macrobid for 2
Weeks this time around the pressure is still there but the burning has stopped. Intercourse is still very painful and burns right after so I use flatustatin? I think that's how you spell it. Anti fungal pills to insert into the vagina. That relieves the burning. Also my husband has burning when he urinates that won't go away no matter what he takes for antibiotics nothing helps he's had a scope and they said his prostate was swollen could this be due to ecoli? We have used condoms for a month just to see if it cleared us up while we took the antibiotics. Still no relief. We are in desperate need of help. The doctor up here said he would refer me to a specialist and they have not called in 8 months each time I get checked he tells me he will put another request in and still I hear nothing. I am at my wits end. The doctor even told me he was at his wits end and that's why he was referring me to a specialist. I don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions or advice you have would beneficial. thank you for the reply


Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Your husband has got prostatitis, it is very resistant infection and is an example of complicated rectum examination of prostate and would milk out secretion through penis.
The gram stain and culture report from this would help knowing proper antibiotics.
He would need prolonged antibiotics.
You must have a barrier contraception till you both are absolutely well and symptom free.
Take the precautions, use good quality condom, and get the investigations I have advised for you and you husband needs prostatic secretion work-up.
Can you tell if you people had other modes of sex apart from vaginal, if yes whether barriers used, if no whether symptoms occurs after that.
Take care!
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor