Feeling tired and have severe fever. Are these symptoms of typhoid fever?
Welcome to HCM!
Do you have confirmed typhoid by blood tests?
Typhoid is caused by a bacterium which spreads through contaminated food and water.
The person having typhoid excretes this bacteria in his stool and this is contaminated in water and food when there are unsatisfactory sanitary conditions.
Food handlers can spread this disease.
You would have got it from the water in the temple or the food you ate outside.
Even at home one can get this if safe boiled water is not used for drinking.
Wishing you speedy recovery
Typhoid is a severe illness!
There can be ulcerations in the intestine,gall bladder involvement,
Sever fatigue,hair loss etc.
Sorry! I am not trying to frighten you but I want you to be careful with your diet ,water etc for another 3 weeks at least till complete healing.
Follow your doctors advice.
Take some vitamins along with antibiotics (like supradyn or becosules once a day.)
You have already completed 2 weeks after the start of illness!
You are young and so you will come up sooner!!!!
Because an infection like this and fever are catabolic states in medical term ( when you burn more energy and there is break down of body cells metabolism).
You would not have eaten properly also.
You will get back the weight in a month's time
Do not worry
Platelet count 2.3
Widal test Positive
s.typhi "o": 1.80 dln
s.typhi "H": 1.40 dln
s.p.typhi "AH": 1.40 dln
s.p.typhi "BH": 1.40 dln
colour : Pale yellow
Pus cells 0-01/hpf
Platelet count 2.5
Widal test negative
s.typhi "o": 1.40 dln
s.typhi "H": 1.80 dln
s.p.typhi "AH": 1.20 dln
s.p.typhi "BH": 1.20 dln
colour : watary
Pus cells 0-01/hpf
kindly suggest me the treatment to cure completly
Your first widal test is borderline for typhoid diagnosis - "O"-1 in 80
The second test on 3 rd the widal test is negative.
Actually the O" should have increased on 3 rd! in typical typhoid.
So yours was a very mild infection if at all, and whatever they gave you is enough.
Eat well and feel well.
You are alright.
Thanks for your advise,from past 3 days am feeling well except till headache (may be due to seeing comp). Till when i should take proper diet. Will this fever stay for 3 months
You have completed 19 days since the start of fever.
This sort of bland diet continue for another 10 days.
Afterwards you can be back on your routine food.
Beware of uncooked food like salads ,raitha and juice from unhygienic places always !
No need for 3 months!
for normal person
Now am feeling well, but am not having energy like before. When i do any work or exercises i get tired early. why it is so. when will i get back energy like before, or any medication i need
And also i observed i go shortage of breadth sometimes (while doing excise or work)
You have just completed one month!
You should be alright by now.
Tiredness will go gradually.
Do not worry.
If you are concerned you can get a hemoglobin check once.
Otherwise continue to have some healthy food, milk, juices etc( juice from home).
Give some more time.
Now am alright compared to before. Only thing is sometimes i feel tired especially during afternoon times.
You will e fine soon!
Noting to worry.
This is an expected phenomenon.
Take some B-complex and mulivitamin -- like One Becosules in the morning after food and one supradyn tablet in the night after food.
All the best XXXXXXX!
Glad you are OK now!
Yes you are normal now.
You can eat non veg but preferably made at home for a month more.
Later also when you eat outside be careful with juices,raitha,uncooked old like salads etc.
You can go to gym.
Good luck XXXXXXX!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of acute typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever symptoms balding
- Symptoms of recurrent typhoid fever
- What are the symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Typhoid fever symptoms in children
- Typhoid fever symptoms testicles
- Symptoms of Typhoid fever
- Are rash symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Symptoms of chronic typhoid fever
- Symptoms of uncomplicated typhoid fever
- 3 month child passing small stools. What is the problem and what should...
- 12 months old not getting erections. Should I be concerned?
- Child having watery stools after steroid treatment. Should I be concerned?
- How to make a baby sleep through the night?
- 45 days old passing stool more then 8 times. Feeding with enfamil state...
- Is it possible for an unborn baby measuring 149mm head circumference to...
- Noticed purplish dots under skin and swollen legs after vaccination....
- Why a child is feeling lethargic and complaining of abdominal pain?
- 11 months old getting a whitish layer on tongue. Does it require any...
- 11 month baby facing difficulty to pass stool. What treatment should be...