Feeling thirsty, burning sensation in intestine and itching sensation all over body. Any relief?

Dr. Ketan Vagholkar

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Infections
Question: 1. "Itching get started from the genital area to whole body XXXXXXX 2. "High amount of gas releasing XXXXXXX 3. "I feel thirstyeverytime in a cold month" , i feel somthing burning/ Hot sensation into my intestine. When i push my small intestine (by hand) then i feel some pain.
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The infection which you have described most probably is a fungal infection. Since it is lingering for a long time it is advisable to diagnose the exact fungus by doing a KOH mount of the scraping. This is usually done by a dermatologist. In the mean time I would advise the following for you
1. Use medicated keto soap for bathing
2. dust the areas with antifungal powder (mycoderm)
3. apply ketoconazole ointment at bed time to the lesions.
4. a course of antifungal medications after confirmation of diagnosis is advisable.
5. get blood sugars checked.

For your wife in addition to the above measures add
1. tab norfloxacin 400mgms twice a day for 14 days.
2. use condoms to avoid recrudescence of uti.
STOP ALL PREVIOUS MEDICATIONS>
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards